Freediving is about inner strength, discipline and control. Gliding through the water on one single breath. Streamlined, without bulky dive gear, no bubbles, no sound. Freediving is a lifestyle, not something you will learn in one and a half days and never have to practice again.
Practice makes perfect. At divection we have chosen to do 3 pool evenings in the PADI Freediver course. You will not only learn skills, but also practice and refine them. Explore the capabilities but also the personal limits of your body. With training, you will improve and extend those capabilities.
The PADI Freediver Course
The course consists of:
– Theory lessons / briefings, self study with the PADI Freediver app and our online knowledge reviews.
– Pool training sessions, with theory before the pool training
– We will make a Video of some of the skills so you can better understand our feedback on your body position and fin stroke
– Deep Water training. This will be done in Vinkeveen or in winter times can be a deep pool. Several of those pools exist in the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.
Divection has a Freediving team that trains every Monday evening in Zuiderbad and every Wednesday evening in the De Mirandabad pool. Cost is 285 euro per calender year. The first visit / evening is for free. After that you decide if you want to become a member.
-You train with the people you meet. There is no trainer.
-Usually there are some experienced Freedivers (instructors) that can help you with your training.
-We have a WhatsApp group and members meet up for freediving in Open Water or deep pools like Todi and Dive4life. Founder of the team is multiple Dutch record holder Pete Botman.
Requirements and price
– You are 15 years or older and healty.
– You can swim (200 meters non-stop and 10 min survival float)
– You understand that for your own safety, you have to comply to certain rules.
If you complete all performance requirements you can apply for the PADI Freediver certification. Certification cost is included in the course price
90 seconds : Static Apnea (face down in the water, breath hold without swimming)
25 meters : Dynamic Apnea (horizontal distance with fins)
10 meters : Constant weight with fins (vertical depth under water with fins)
We have a several PADI Freediver instructors, a PADI Master freediver instructor on staff and an AIDA 3* instructor.
We also offer: PADI Advanced Freediver course, Padi Master Freediver course and even PADI Freediver instructor courses AIDA courses on request